Dear fellow financial bloggers, I want to hear you out.
- I can leave the cash there, doing basically nothing - maybe 1.5 % in an ING Direct account.
- I can invest passively in those boring ETF's.
- I can add to some of my positions currently slumping (POW, ABX or even SU).
- I can invest in a farm land in Saskatchewan!
- I can buy a new house and rent my condo
- I can buy a land, a wood forrest, etc.
- Or I can keep that money in an emergency fund. And wait till an opportunity comes up.
Remember, the strategy has to fit my financial philosophy. I want to keep my positions under 12. I want to maintain my «bond/fix income» position to at least 20 % of my portfolio value. Basically, I am not going to get carried away with small-caps companies...
I would really like to hear from you! Come on! Yes you. Write to me!
Trivia : guess what pages of my blog have been the most popular. You got it : Portfolio and Dividends and Royalties. You sneaky greedy little monks! ;-) I guess we all like to compare. I am not any different.