August 4, 2016 = 235 408$
Well, the 200K$ milestone is already behind me and I can now focus ahead (the 300K$ mark). Will it be tougher to reach than the 200K$ mark? It remains to be seen. From now on I'm guessing Mr. Market won't be as useful as it was.
Right now, I think I'm well diversified (and I'm not even considering the money I have in a pension plan I won't be able to have access before I turn 60). So, roughly, right now my assets look like this :
- 25% of my Net Worth is in a property I own;
- 50% is in the Stock Market;
- 20% is in cash (either in a saving account or sitting in my trading accounts ready to be deploy);
- 5% is in various assets (Motorcycle, Cars, Metals, etc.).
October 9, 2015 = 200 479.71$ (1,53%)
I made it! My Net Worth is now more than 200 000$. Actually, if I take into account the money I have left in my former job's pension plan, I'm worth more than that. But this money is locked until I'm sixty... The way I see it, this locked-money will serve as the safe portion of my portfolio. It's my fix-revenue income. This allows me to invest a little more aggressively into the stock market. So, to me, the only money that really matters is the one you see up here (mostly meaning there). It's the one I will use eventually to buy things, travel, that sort of stuff.
Right now, I think I'm well diversified (aside from the money I have in my pension plan:
- 27% of my Net Worth is in a property I own
- 62% is in the Stock Market
- 8% is in cash;
- 3% is in various assets (Motorcycle, Car, Gold, etc.).
- August 31, 2015 = 197 414.62$ (2,65%)
August was a good month on the revenue front (yes, I managed to get paid -- partially). On the market front, it wasn't a good month like we all know by now. So I guess that if it hadn't been for Mr. Market I would have hit the 200K mark by now. The mark is still within my grasp. It's a question of days... Hang on!
- June 04, 2015 = 192 191. 67$ (-1,61%)
And 200K$..., I'm coming!
- April 04, 2015 = 194 357, 41$ (-0,18%)
- March 03, 2015 = 194 817, 55$ (3,18%)
February has been a great month on many levels. My Net Worth is no exception. It's up by 3,18% and it looks like I will soon reach the 200 K$ milestone. This is due to a couple of factors. But mainly it has to do with more money coming in. (Isn't it always the case?) I've contributed more to both my TFSA and RRSP's account. The only bad thing is that money has been put on the margin for exceptional expenses. Otherwise, I think it's a great month. 8/10.
- January 28, 2015 = 188 819, 37$ (0,96%)
- December 19, 2014 = 187 002. 52$ (2,30%)
- November 20, 2014 = 182 705. 28$ (1,91%)
- July 22, 2014 = 179 288. 06$ (4.04%)
- June 3, 2014 = 172 324. 47$
In between those dates I took a big decision: I have decided to leave my money in the pension plan of my former employer, therefore renouncing to a severance pay of roughly 300 K$. As soon as I turn 60, my pension plan assures me of an annual payment of 21 150 $ (+ indexation) until the rest of my life. Hence the big gap in the new amounts.
- August 1, 2013 = 322 007, 70$ (0.10%)
- June 18, 2013 = 321 694. 19$ (-2.0%)
- May 2, 2013 = 326 636. 09 $ (-1.53 %)
- March 21, 2013 = 331 886. 44 $ (0. 86 %)
- February 25, 2013 = 329 042. 44 $ (0. 32 %)
- February 15, 2013 = 328 002.14 $